CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 1, 2010

BIG undertaking...

We have a HUGE foyer/hallway/entryway when you walk through the front door.  We've lived in this house for a year and I have been so stumped as to what to do with this large space.  I mean, it is huge.  It's wide and long....the walls look barren.  I came home one day and my husband had hung some random photo frames and crosses on the wall.  I hated the way they looked, but haven't ever taken them down.  I kept thinking I needed some large piece of furniture, but who has $1000 or more to spend on something like that??! 

I got the inspiration I needed after seeing this and this by two very talented ladies. I was on the hunt for a dresser/buffet/credenza that I could revamp and use it in my large foyer.  After scouring Craig's List for a few weeks, I found exactly what I was looking for!!




 It's now sitting in my foyer full of serving pieces, bowls and wedding gifts (from 7 years ago) that had no home.  A great friend and neighbor gave me two buffet lamps and I am in the market for some new shades for them.  The cost of my new buffet, you might ask???  $40!  It's solid wood, weighs about 300 pounds (or that's what my hubby said when he tried to get it in the house) and has fantastic design and the original hardware is beautiful!  I can't wait to start painting away!!  I am thinking I'll paint it similarly to my china cabinet that I recently redid.  What do you think?  Stay tuned...

0 comments: