CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 4, 2011

Making Frames

I know it's been a LONG time since I have updated my blog, but I haven't really done a whole lot that was blog-worthy.  I have decided to participate in my first craft show on Saturday, April 20th and Sunday, May 1st.  I am going to have a booth at TroyFest (http://www.troyfest.com/) in my hometown.  I have been making picture frames since November or so.  It started out as a fluke, messing around with some wood scraps.  I had seen several rustic frames that I loved at another craft show, but thought the prices were astronomical!  I figured out that I could probably make them myself.  With the help of my Dad, we figured out how to put one together...over time, I've gotten much better at it and people want to buy them!  Here are a few pictures of frames that I have made for people.






I really love the way that they have turned out! I am always on the lookout for old wood, scrap wood, scrap or old molding as well.  I would prefer to be able to use those materials instead of buying new materials, but scrap/old wood is harder to find that you might think! 

The new sliding compound mitre saw that I got Wednesday will help make things easier! I was using one that my Dad loaned me but it isn't a sliding saw and only would cut wood that was less than 6" wide...which is fine, but I like CHUNKY frames.  The new saw will make this a snap!

Just finished another frame for a friend last night and will post pictures soon.

Now, back to TroyFest....I've never done a craft show and realized that, not only will I have to have quite a bit of inventory to take with me, but I have to have a cute display as well.  I found a white canopy tent on Ebay for pretty cheap.

Now, I'm looking for old doors, closet doors, etc. that I can use to stand up and hang frames on to display at the show.  I think I can borrow a folding table from someone/somewhere in Troy and then will find something to cover my table, sign with my "business" name on it, etc.  I'm very excited and I hope my first show goes well! 

0 comments: