CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Facebook, good or evil?

I have heard from both sides of the argument...Facebook is the greatest thing since sliced bread v. Facebook is the devil incarnate.  What is your opinion? 

I thoroughly enjoy perusing old high school and college friends/acquaintences' pages...seeing who they married, how many children they have, what they are doing these days, where they live, etc.  It's not stalker-ish....well, sometimes, but it's mainly about connecting with people you lost touch with.  No harm, right?  Right.  I believe I use Facebook for its intended purposes...to chat and catch up with others, promote my picture frames and to promote small businesses of others that I enjoy or purchase items from. 

On the flip side, you have people who post status updates that completely are inappropriate, hurtful to others or just plain dumb.  My favorite quote for 2011 is, "Better to be thought a fool than to update your FB status and remove all doubt."  I mean, really?  Do I need to know you are taking a bath with your "honey?" or that you are in the bed watching tv with your love?  Um, thanks, but no thanks!!  Sometimes, when the updates are vulgar, crude or just contain a lot of vulgar language, I delete the post...and sometimes delete the "Post-er."

What are your takes on FB and it's helps or harms? 

1 comments:

Anonymous

sadly I have heard stories about Facebook temptations.... you're right though... use it correctly, it's ok... abuse it, it's not.