CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Can I have a day off, puhlease???

Like many of you, I work full time.  Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my job and am so thankful to have it, but I am thinking that the work week (at least for me anyway) needs to be a Monday through Thursday affair.  I have so many things I want to do and make and give but there never seems to be enough time in the day.  By the time I leave the office, pick up my son from after-school care and get home, it's 6:00 p.m.  Usually hubby has dinner ready unless he's out of town, so that  puts us at 7:00 p.m. by the time the food is eaten and the kitchen is cleaned up.  Our son goes to bed around 8:30 so that now leaves me 1.5 hours to spend with my child, talk to my husband, do laundry, clean the house (not likely), work on my projects, etc. because I am no longer a night owl...I.MUST.SLEEP. at least 7-9 hours each night.  I just can't hang anymore.  I cannot stay up until 11 or 12 every night and then get up at 5:30 or 6 every morning for work. 

I just need a day off to get everything done that I can get done....yeah, right....I just can't justify asking for it.  "Um, excuse me...um, my craft projects are falling behind and my house isn't properly decorated for Christmas...may I take a day off??"  I don't think so.  =)

So, I'll just keep plugging away at getting done what I can accomplish when I can accomplish it. 

On a happier note, we did get one of our Christmas trees up and mostly decorated last night!!

0 comments: